1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 14, 2017 10:36 PM by Olly Bond RSS

Multiline capture problem with first column

Karen Beuker

I'm using Monarch Pro 10.3 and am having trouble getting the first column to pull as one line of data, if it's a multi.  I have a fixed width report with four columns of information.  I have tried many options, but have the last 2 columns as detail and the first column as an append.  I can get the model so capture the first column as multiline but it splits it into two columns.  I need a line that matches the question with all answers. Currently I have ended the first column with Blank Field Values (1) and have tried End of Left Justification.  I end up with the first line correctly and all the remaining answers with the second line as the question.  I feel like I'm just missing the obvious.  There are occasions where columns 2 and 3 might be blank.

I would like to see line 3 show as

If Snowwhite asked the dwarfs their felling, what would it be?  Dwarf Grumpy Harrumpf.

Currently I see

what would it be?  (blank space) Grumpy Harrumpf

fixed width report. first two lines are not part of the data but show the field length, type  and name.

Every question ends with a ? Below are the four scenarios that will occur.

60 characters

10 char

10 char

40 char

Question

Level

Entity

Answer

If Snowwhite asked the dwarfs their feeling, what would it be?

Dwarf

Sleepy

Tired

Dopey

Confused

Grumpy

Harrumpf

Happy

Joyful

Do the dwarfs want Snowwhite to stay?

Group

Yes