4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2017 1:08 PM by pleen RSS

Report issues for a model

pleen

Hi,

I have a report that is not consistent and will randomly take a row of data at a page break and make some of the data be on the line above it and leave a blank space where it should be. Hard to explain so below is the issue. I attempted to use the advanced edit field for 'End field on' but had trouble since there are rows of data right on top of each other. There is a header at the page break but I have that template set up so it is ignored. How can I get the right trap in this situation?

Much Appreciated

-Pat

Should be

(Account #)                 Balance            Rate1         Contract Date

Name                          Payment           Rate2         Maturity Date   

(Customer #)

Random issue when there is a page break

(Account #)  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Page Break

Balance            Rate1         Contract Date

Name                          Payment           Rate2         Maturity Date    

(Customer #)

• Re: Report issues for a model
          Olly Bond

Hello Patrick,

In Options > Input, you can tell Monarch to insert page breaks after every 1-254 lines. The default is 100. If your report has pages which are naturally longer than this, putting that setting up to 250 might solve the problem? You might also find that ticking the box to ignore characters 0-31 works.

If these don't help, then yes, we'll need to find some smarter traps.

Best wishes,

Olly

pleen

Hi Olly,

The issue is with the generated report not just in Monarch, the page break is actually a full header with the report name and date and such.

My options say the force page break after 256 lines

Thanks,

Olly Bond

Hi Patrick,

Is it possible to email me a fragment of the report? Just a couple of pages showing the issue would be fine.

Best wishes,

Olly

Olly Bond

MONARCH ? | ? | ? | ? EXPERTS

www.monarchexperts.com<http://www.monarchexperts.com>

olly@monarchexperts.com<mailto:olly@monarchexperts.com>

pleen

Thank you so much to Olly from Monarch Experts. I sent him a part of my report that had bad data and he was able to come up with an idea to work around it.

My source for reports automatically puts page headers in every page which cause a few lines to split data above and below with no way to capture the details split by this.  Olly created an initial model that removes blank lines and the page header but kept a key piece of information in the page header appending the rest of the data. The rest of the data was trapped by line using the Numeric OR trap then a calculated formula in the table added the page and line number. This was exported and then this became data that was possible to capture what I needed. So it is a 2 model process that got the job done.

Never would have thought of this way, thanks again Olly.,

Pat