4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2016 1:38 PM by Lena Brennan RSS

Newbie needs help

Lena Brennan

Good morning,

I am new to Monarch. Running Monarch Pro 11.1 version.

I am trying to capture information from my report and so far failed. The trap I set captures information form heading I do not need (the report is wrapped), while further down fails to capture the needed details.

Trap:

Next is the line under date (Core Lab.......) that I do not need and is not part of the details is caught. But further down purchased item "Cable..." is not being caught and I do need that info.

I tried multiple traps with no success. It seems that Monarch can't see the page break in the report. The only solution I found was actually adjusting the original report (.txt file) first.

What am I not doing correctly? I can't set up a trap for each line (3 of them total). If it's possible I have not firgure out how and none of the videos or tutorials covered that.

Please help......

• Re: Newbie needs help
          Olly Bond

Hello Lena,

You'll need a Page Header template defined that covers the lines from Vendor: to the dashes under Item ... Rev Category. Multi-line Detail templates break nicely only over properly defined Page Headers.

If that doesn't work, you can try three single line traps to get your detail using appends or footers and the Cleared By function.

Best wishes,

Olly

Lena Brennan

Thank you! That helped with the first problem of catching unwanted data.

But I still can't set a correct trap to catch the missing data. I added Append and footers with no success.

Olly Bond

Hello Lena,

I'd need to see the report and model to work out how to fix the Page Header for your case. Can you email them to me?

Best wishes,

Olly

Lena Brennan

Olly

Attached is the report and the model.

I need only a few items from the report. The problem is that the lines are not aligned properly, they are kind of wrapped and shifted.

I am trying to learn the software on my own as I go. Watched some videos and now joined the community.

I really appreciate your help.

It is not a rush, I have couple days.

Thank you again.

Lena Brennan