8 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2016 10:16 PM by MelaSarenas _ RSS

Workspace for a DataSource

rtrem

This may be a simple question but, can I use a workspace as a data source on DataWatch Server?

• Re: Workspace for a DataSource
          rtrem

P.S. as a standard process.

mperez

Hi Rich Tremblay,

The answer to your question is No. Basically, you still need an Input File for your Workspace.

This is required for both Standard and Visual Process.

Thanks.

Migz Perez.

MelaSarenas _

Hi Rich,

I haven't tried this so am not sure if this will work and I don't have a Datawatch Server at hand.

What if you make your workspace as an input to a Monarch Classic model and project?  Then in Datawatch Server, using a standard process, you use that Classic project.

Regards,

Mela

rtrem

Hi Mela,

That's what I ended up doing. I just don't see how the workspace file works on the Server.

I created the model and project from the workspace and uploaded that to the server. I try to run the process but I keep getting "No value given for one or more required parameters." There are no parameters in the model. The process is mapped to the input file, but this file was "prepped" in the DataPrep Studio and then the model was built off of that workspace.

The server has an option to upload workspaces but how is that tied to a standard process?

Thanks for the input.

Rich 

MelaSarenas _

Hi Rich,

Sorry for not responding immediately.  I had to fire up my Datawatch Server (tweaked it a bit as there were changes in our network) and tried out my suggestion.

I am using Automator 13.1 with Monarch 13.4.  I created a simple workspace in Data Prep Studio with an Excel input.  Then used that table as a source in Monarch Classic, saved model and project.  In the project I defined an export - table to csv file.

Using a standard process, I added that Monarch project and entered the Excel file of the workspace in the Input tab.  I ran the process and it worked!  I got an exported CSV file.

If you could send the job log and process, I can take a look at it and see where the problem is.

Thanks.

Mela