3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2016 4:06 AM by Chris Porthouse RSS

install server Automator error

Khoan Le

Hi

I try to install the Datawatch server Automator v.12.4 on Windows server 2012 R2 with MS SQL 2012 SP2 already installed but I got the error as below

has Anyone encountered this please advise

Thanks 

• Re: install server Automator error
          Olly Bond

Hello Khoan,

If you run the installer using the "run as administrator" function this might help.

But this is really an issue for support.

Best wishes,

Olly

Khoan Le

Hi ollybond

Thanks for your reply; yes I did 'run as administrator'; I've tried on windows server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 and got the same error from both; I also tried start the service manually but failed as well

Thanks

Khoan

Chris Porthouse

Have you resolved this issue yet?  This is almost always a permission issue.  If running as an administrator does not work try the following:

At the point in the install failure, go into the services panel, select the properties for the Datawatch Config Server service and click on the Log On Tab.  Set the correct service account name and password and click ok.  You should either get a pop up stating that the user account has been given permissions to log on as a service, or a more detailed error about why that user account is not valid (perhaps it has been locked from too many attempts), or nothing.  If you are successful, then try starting the service from the control panel.  If it starts, then go back to the installer and click retry.

The other option is that you are missing a prerequisite.  Are you using the single server installer or the advanced installer?  Make sure you have the right .net frameworks installed.

Hope this helps.