3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2016 2:41 PM by Olly Bond RSS

Model or WorkSpace

rtrem

Hi,

We just upgraded from Monarch Classic which has models to Monarch Complete which has workspaces.

Is there a way to convert models to workspaces?

Is there a benefit to doing that?

Thanks.

• Re: Model or WorkSpace
          Olly Bond

Hello Rich,

Monarch Data Prep Studio has workspaces. Monarch Classic still has models and is included, with Data Prep, in Monarch Complete. To use Monarch Classic, run Monarch and when Data Prep opens, select "Switch to Classic Mode". I think you can also set it to remember this choice for future sessions.

Best wishes,

Olly

rtrem

Hi Olly,

Thanks. I understand I can switch to classic mode, but I was hoping to switch to one interface.

Is this an option or do I have to recreate the models in the new interface and is there a benefit to doing so?

Thanks,

Rich

Olly Bond

Hello Rich,

I'm afraid I'm not expert enough in Data Prep to confirm. There was a webinar yesterday on 13.2 but I've not seen a link to the recording yet - it might have come up there. I don't think that a switch to one interface is going to be easy - if I understand the architecture of the two products right - but it keeps getting upgraded so maybe it's heading in that direction.

I think if you are regularly working from web and spreadsheet data sources, or simple CSV files, then there are tasks for which Data Prep would offer a simpler way to assemble data, and the native exports to viz tools are nice. But for any awkward text reports or PDF sources, I would feel more comfortable with the full modelling power of Monarch Classic.

Do you need to automate your Monarch work?

Best wishes,

Olly