3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2016 10:25 PM by Lovely Gonzaga RSS

Character Counter

Jim Weeks

Hello all!

I am running Monarch version 13.0.1.  I've been on it for a few months but I just noticed something.  In the older versions of Monarch, when making a template, there was a "character counter" that would tell you what location you were at on a record.  Am I missing a setting that would show that?  Its kind of important when following a written layout.

It would also tell you how long, in characters, your template was.  I found the template width but it seems rather buried.  Plenty of room in the Field Properties window to show that up front.

Thanks!

Jim Weeks

• Re: Character Counter
          MelaSarenas _

Hi Jim,

I would suggest that you upgrade your copy of Monarch to the just released 13.2 version.  We added those information and brought the field properties out so you can easily create templates.

Regards,

Mela

Jim Weeks

Thank you, Mela.

I updated the Monarch program and I see where the template width is now appearing on the front.  That is very helpful.

But I’m not seeing where the program is telling me where the cursor is located within the entire record?  Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

Jim Weeks

Analyst and Client Support

CBCS

(p) 888.397.9500 Ext 3402 (c) 904.305.9490

Jim.Weeks@cbcsnational.com

www.cbcsnational.com<http://www.cbcsnational.com/>

This e-mail communication (including any attachments) contains information from CBCS or its affiliates that is confidential and privileged. The information contained herein is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,  distribution, use, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately reply to sender, delete the message and destroy all copies of it.

Lovely Gonzaga

Hi Jim,

Like in older versions of Monarch, you will not see the cursor itself. But if you highlight the data in the Trap or Sample Line, it would tell you which Line, Position and Length of the record was it from.

Hope this helps.

Lovely