2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2015 9:30 AM by frank venezia RSS

how do i get monarch.exe to work properly under task-scheduler in win-7?

frank venezia

hello.

we are trying to automate an old .BAT file that uses Monarch.EXE to pre-process some text files before they are imported into an MS-Access database for sorting and reporting.

we're using powershell to tie everything together, however, when we run the powershell script under win-7 task-scheduler, monarch.exe never completes.

when we run the same script directly, it runs properly to completion.

we are using monarch version 7.

any ideas on how to make this work?  i am guessing we're running into the dreaded non-interactive service-mode issue.

thanks very much for any help.

-frank

• Re: how do i get monarch.exe to work properly under task-scheduler in win-7?
          Bernadette Caritativo

Hi Frank,

Seems like the problem is within the powershell call with the batch script. You may try using Start-Process to call the batch script that includes the Monarch process (ex: Start-Process "C:\Data\RunMonarchProcess.bat")
          Or could it be that your script execution in powershell is disabled? You may enable this by setting the -ExecutionPolicy (Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned). Run powershell as administrator for this. In task scheduler - Actions tab, put the complete path of the python script to run. (ex: C:\data\RunPythonProcess.py).

Hope this helps.
          Bernadette