6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2015 12:43 AM by Conor Bradley RSS

FTP Input File Transfer

Conor Bradley

Hi I wish to ask a query in regards to Datawatch server so hopefully I am in the right place. I have created a table in Datawatch modeler that uses a FTP file (CSV) as input.

When I upload the project and model file to Datawatch server and create a process the job fails. In checking the log file it is saying that No inputs exist for Project.

Is there any pointers for trying to upload FTP files.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

• Re: FTP Input File Transfer
          Conor Bradley

Sorry I should also mention that the I can create a table from the file in database modeller but cannot retrieve the data from datawatch server

Lloyd L

Hi Conor,

Good day! Are you using Automator 12.5?

Also, are you able to upload a file from your local folders?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Conor Bradley

Hi Lloyd many thanks for your reply, good day to you as well.

I am using Automator version (via the Datawatch dataserver) 12.4.0.15756. I have had success with flat files (csv)  from a the local datawatch server and I have successfully initiated a process via datawatch populating it to a database.

Hope this helps but if you need anymore information please let me know.

I have literally only being using it for a week so hopefully I am not doing something stupid.

Kind regards,

Conor.

Lloyd L

Hi Conor,

Just for clarification, are you trying to use csv as an input file from a certain FTP site? Like a Web Input file?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Conor Bradley

Hi Lloyd thanks for you patience yes I am attempting to grab a csv file via FTP connection

In modeler I connect to my data source using the web file option and the string ftp://ftpservername/test.csv

It is a delimited file so I set the delimiter and column names in first row.

In modeler the table complies and I can see the data.

When I upload project to Datawatch server, within the project in the Login Credentials against FTP I set the login details. (in input tab I leave the password blank).

When I run the process an get an error saying cannot find file or not there.

This maybe relevant I have a similar project but the datasource is a local file and I can run the process and see that my export database table does indeed get populated.

I hope this helps Lloyd, in the meantime many thanks for coming back to me I appreciate you taking the time out.

Kind regards,

Conor.

Conor Bradley

I was able to get this sorted with the help of Olly from www.monarchexperts.com who really helped. Many thanks Olly

I thought that I would update this thread incase anybody else comes across the same issue in their early days.

I added an extra step within the Process tab under script then PreProcess.

Include the code

My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile (

" ftp://ftpserver/fullfilename" ,

"C:/folder/fullfilename", "username", "password")

After Compile run save commit changes.

I went back to the project in project editor and changed the input file to the input destination where I downlaoded the file to "C:/folder/fullfilename" (as in the example string).

Saved and then ran file and hey presto the process completed successfully.

Kind regards,

Conor.