3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2015 3:27 AM by Nizam IGEN RSS

JavaScript Integration with webapps? Dynamic Column Aliasing

Balakumar Seethapathy

Hi,

I am evaluating Datawatch at very high level with my web application requirement. Could you please let me know if these are possible with Datawatch?

1. I saw Java Swing integration with web apps. Do you have JavaScript API to do the same?

2. Any security authentication/handshake/framework process to integrate with web servers?

3. Do you have "Dynamic Column Aliasing" meaning based on filter selection can you change the column header and get a value from a database as column header?

4. Is it possible to have multi-level column header in data grid built in Datawatch?

Thanks,

Balakumar

• Re: JavaScript Integration with webapps? Dynamic Column Aliasing
          Theo Klemming

Hi

1. Yes, there is a javascript API for integrating our web client. After installing Datawatch Server, you can find documentation and examples by browsing to a subfolder named /api/. The purpose of the API is to programmatically request certain content from the Datawatch server, from other web systems, and also ask the Datawatch web client what it is currently showing.

2. The requirement for authentication and security integration depends on what you intend to achieve. Provided that the current user as access rights to the dashboards requested, and the user authentication is handled via Windows Integrated Authentication, there is nothing special that needs to be done.

3. You cannot change the column header on the fly. However, you can change which column is asked for in a query by including the column name in your query as a Datawatch parameter, for which the end user can set a value. Example:

SELECT SUM("Sales"), "{param}" AS "Groups", '{param}' AS "SelectedColumn" FROM "MyTable" GROUP BY "{param}"

The end user can then select or type a parameter value like for example 'Region' and the query will evaluate to:

SELECT SUM("Sales"), "Region" AS "Groups", 'Region' AS "SelectedColumn" FROM "MyTable" GROUP BY "Region"

4. To achieve multi-level column headers in a data grid, use the Heat Matrix rather than the Table dashboard part.

Best regards, Theo Klemming