5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2015 6:06 AM by Theo Klemming RSS

Need solution for Table viz in Datawatch

Rakesh Ojha

I'm using Designer 12.xxxxx and 13.xxxx

Can we change the Background and Foreground colors in Table for only those rows having marked and activated as

a) Sub Total      and

b) Grand Total

Also, need  the solutions for the following points:

1. How to customized Foreground and Background Colum both simultaneously in Table?

2. How to change Style (Bold/Italic Fonts/ color)  for Column Headers i.e. Columns assigned under Visual Members?

3. How to display Long width text with wrap functionality (about 500 characters or above) under any column which is the part of Visual Member?

regards,

Rakesh.

• Re: Need solution for Table viz in Datawatch
          Armand Max Olivares

Hi Rakesh,

Generally you may change foreground and background color by going to Workbook>Style and choosing the colors there.

You may also change the font using this option, you may add the row you wish to color in the "color" section of the table and adjust it in the Visual Members tab, from there depending on which values you would like colored and what color they are assigned to.

Unfortunately it looks like long width texts are a limitation of the current release I will try to check further if this is possible but from what I can see extending the borders of the table would be a good workaround.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Armand

Rakesh Ojha

Hi Armand,

Thanks! for your advice but it's not looks like a proper workaround in my case.

Below are my requirements and expectation from Datawatch:

1. Need to format / manage Background and Foreground colors only Sub Total and Grand Total (while appear when we checked from setting.

2. Customization of  Foreground and Background Colum both simultaneously in Table

- As per your advice, when we try to change foreground and background color by going to Workbook>Style and choosing the colors there. It will get applicable to overall workbooks / Dashboard.

our requirement is to change the background color of those  measure value cells which we dragged under Visual Members and

Foreground color in Black is case of +ve number and Red in case of -ve Number simultaneously.

3.Change Style (Bold/Italic Fonts/ color)  for Column Headers i.e. Columns assigned under Visual Members in Table

- This customization facility is still not available in Datawatch. When apply the changes from Workbook>Style. It will get applicable to whole Workbook and Dashboard Level. Also, There is no option found at all to change the Foreground and Background color of Table Headers. Which is a basic expectation with any type of Visualization or Reporting tool for table representation.

4. Display Long width text with wrap functionality

- Dimensions putted under Visual Members having Long Text contents get truncated after particular fixed length and No Word wrap feature.

Hope, in next release all above basic limitations will address out properly.

regards,

Rakesh

Theo Klemming

Hi Rakesh

You can let the foreground color (the text color) of visual member columns reflect the value if you also put that column on Color, and then in the settings of that Visual Member column select that same column as an option for coloring. There is also a setting allowing you to let the color reflect either background of foreground.

If you want all positive values to have one color, and all negatives have another color, regardsless of value magnitude, a useful solution could be to create a Bucketing column based on the actual values, and select Sign bucketing, creating a column with values "Positive" and "Negative". Then, apply this sign bucket column to Color, and proceed as described from there.

Best regards, Theo