2 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2015 9:25 AM by Wes Stewart RSS

Windows 8.1 Pro

Kelli Williams

I have the Monarch Pro V10.5 and I just received a new computer that is running the new Windows 8.1 Pro.  Is the V10.5 version compatible with Windows 8.1 or is there a new version of Monarch that will need to be purchased in order to run along with our WinSpool program?

• Re: Windows 8.1 Pro

Hi Kelli

Monarch 10.5 is not supported on Windows 8.1. I will have a your account representative reach out with details on how to upgrade the software.

Best

Pat

• Re: Windows 8.1 Pro
            Wes Stewart

Because Datawatch doesn't support Monarch 10.5 on Windows 8.1 doesn't mean it won't run 8.1.  There is little to no difference in how programs run on Windows Vista,7 or 8.x.  It if runs on one it runs on them all.   I seem to remember Datawatch stating that 10.5 was not supported on Windows 7 and I have been doing just that for years.

Tread lightly making the jump from 10.5 to 12.x.  It is a totally new program with totally different ways in doing things.  I have been using it for over a year and still fall back to a PC with 10.5 installed when I need to get work done.