3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2015 12:26 PM by Olly Bond RSS

Can we create Adhoc Reports??

Anurag Pradhan

I have Monarch Standard & Pro(Q10) version. Here are my questions regarding Ad-hoc Report.

1. Can I extract the data from SQL Server 2008 and Join the Query from multiple table?

2. Can this action can be performed by end user?

3. Can we report interface from my web application??

If possible, Can you share some video's related to adhoc reporting.

Thanks,

Anurag Pradhan

• Re: Can we create Adhoc Reports??
          Olly Bond

Hello Anurag,

Monarch v10 Pro can connect to a SQL Server 2008 database.

One project can open one table and perform left outer joins to up to eight other tables.

Practical limits will be 2GB of data in the overall table, and network speed.

Yes, end users can do this without programming or learning SQL.

No, desktop Monarch is not designed to deliver reports to a web server.

You could try programming it using VB, but I'd have thought you might get better results from using the up to date Datawatch products the way they were designed.

Best wishes,

Olly

Anurag Pradhan

Thanks for answering..

My only problem is that I can not give 2 seperate interface(Web Application

and Datawatch) to my user to create reports. I already have some fixed

column report running through my web application.

I just need to tie the datawatch report to my web application. so user feel

it as single application..

Can you provide me some write-up or videio to look deep into adhoc reports

using datawatch??

Thanks,

Anurag

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Olly Bond <

Olly Bond

Hello Anurag,

I expect Datawatch's sales and marketing teams have already been in touch? The functionality you're describing would seem to be a classic application of Datawatch Server - the old "Enterprise Server" product. User logs in, authenticates through Active Directory, can see the reports and documents they are allowed to through privilege groups, customizes their filters and defines their summaries, and views their data. They even get to annotate and share documents. The graphs / dashboards in "Enterprise Server" weren't very good, so Datawatch bought Panopticon to deliver decent interactive dashboards from these reports. You might find some relevant videos on the corporate website (that's www.datawatch.com) if you look at the solution for IBM CMOD. If not, reach out directly to Pat Wall, the Community Manager here, and I'm sure he'd be happy to find you what you need.

Best wishes,

Olly