3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2015 9:38 AM by Nicole Jurkovac RSS

Microsoft Office 2013 and Monarch 11.8 unable to open .xlsx in database

Nicole Jurkovac

Can anyone help me? We converted to Microsoft 2013. I was just upgraded to

Monarch 11.8. I cannot open any .xlsx files in monarch database. I’m at a lost.

What do I need to do to have this functionality?

• Re: Microsoft Office 2013 and Monarch 11.8 unable to open .xlsx in database
          Grant Perkins

Hi Nicole,

I just ran a quick check with what I have available here and had no problem using Monarch 11.7 to open a very basic xlsx file that I had created as a test using Modeler V12.

That said I should point out that I am running on Windows 7  Pro 64bit using 64bit Monarch/Modeler and 64bit Office365 which, as I understand it, uses MS 2013 for the Office base. My Windows updates are all up to date. The configuration of your machine and software installs may (or may not) be an influence on this problem. What has happened since the last time you were able to open the xlsx files as databases? 11.8 update? Anything else?

So, are you seeing an error message and if so what is it?  Maybe we could start there and see where it takes us. However if your company has a Support Contract I would suggest you check with the Datawatch Support Team as well to see if they have any known "special situations" on file that might help you to work out where the problem lies.

HTH.

Grant

Nicole Jurkovac

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the feedback.  We unforunately do not have a support contract.  I am running Monacrh Pro 32Bit 11.8 and Windows 7 32Bit with Microsoft Office 2013.  When the conversion to 2013 Office was forced last week, my previous version of Monarch 11.2 would not work with any new files created in Excel 2013 (.xls or .xlsx) when opened as a database, but would open files created in Excel 2010 (both .xls and .xlsx).  I contacted local IT and another user familiar with Monacrh.  They had a patch for 11.8.  They Installed it and 2013 .xlsx files wil still will not open, but 2010 .xlsx files will.  When I attempt to open  2013 .xlsx file it acts as if it is thinking about loading and then tells me that Monacrh is not responding.  I have to force it to close.  I did figure out that I can open any version of .xls.  I have repaired MIcrosoft office, and uninstalled and reinstalled Excel 2013 twice.  I dont know how to proceed, and no one here has enough knowledge with Monarch to assist me.  Open to all suggestions. Thank you again.

Nicole

Nicole Jurkovac

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the feedback.  We unforunately do not have a support contract.  I am running Monacrh Pro 32Bit 11.8 and Windows 7 32Bit with Microsoft Office 2013.  When the conversion to 2013 Office was forced last week, my previous version of Monarch 11.2 would not work with any new files created in Excel 2013 (.xls or .xlsx) when opened as a database, but would open files created in Excel 2010 (both .xls and .xlsx).  I contacted local IT and another user familiar with Monacrh.  They had a patch for 11.8.  They Installed it and 2013 .xlsx files wil still will not open, but 2010 .xlsx files will.  When I attempt to open  2013 .xlsx file it acts as if it is thinking about loading and then tells me that Monacrh is not responding.  I have to force it to close.  I did figure out that I can open any version of .xls.  I have repaired MIcrosoft office, and uninstalled and reinstalled Excel 2013 twice.  I dont know how to proceed, and no one here has enough knowledge with Monarch to assist me.  Open to all suggestions.

Nicole