2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2015 10:59 AM by Jim Weeks RSS

Server Upgrade

Jim Weeks

We are running Monarch Data Pump 10.5 on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 machine.  Microsoft will stop supporting the software at the end of March.  What server version can we upgrade to and still have Monarch DP 10.5 run?

Thanks!

Jim Weeks

• Re: Server Upgrade
          Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

I think that we switched to v11 when we went to Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005, and now run v12 on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012. But I would have thought that you could get away with 10.5 on Win2008/SQL2005, judging by the release dates. But it strikes me as a bit odd that you seem worried about running on an unsupported operating system, and database, but relaxed about running an unsupported application?

Best wishes,

Olly

• Re: Server Upgrade
              Jim Weeks

Thank you Olly.  You are right that it’s a bit odd…..bordering on silly!  But I’m afraid I don’t write the checks!  ☺  So in this case, I’m just doing some background checking of questions I can anticipate being asked when I propose bringing us up to date on everything.

Jim Weeks

Analyst and Client Support

CBCS

(p) 888.397.9500 Ext 3402 (c) 904.305.9490

Jim.Weeks@cbcsnational.com

www.cbcsnational.com<http://www.cbcsnational.com/>

This e-mail communication (including any attachments) contains information from CBCS or its affiliates that is confidential and privileged. The information contained herein is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,  distribution, use, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately reply to sender, delete the message and destroy all copies of it.