6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2015 8:25 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Automated Project Export Failure

Paul Burke

Hello all, I am having a strange issue with an automated project export. I have a bat file running this export and the source file is an excel file. I am currently using a client version of Monarch Pro (11.8). If I run the bat file, the export fails, (no applications are open at the time the bat file runs). I can get the project to run correctly, however I must first launch Monarch, run an existing project with an export and close everything completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Regards,

Paul

• Re: Automated Project Export Failure
          Olly Bond

Hello Paul,

Check the End User Licence Agreement. Since 11.5, desktop automation using batch files has been disabled. If you want to automate, either use Automator (DataPump), or buy a special licence from Datawatch.

Best wishes,

Olly

MelaSarenas _

Hi Paul,

That's strange.  If it only happens to a particular project, what is different?  Have you checked the Monarch logs?  Maybe we can get information there on why it does not export.

Regards,

Mela

Paul Burke

Hi Mela,

thank you for your comment...

What is different is that we are bringing in a csv file so we need to choose the 'open database' option which is where the issue resides.  We do a lot of bat file automation where the import is a report (not database/csv/etc...) and they all run fine.  In this instance, we created a project that opens a csv (database option) and performs the exports successfully only when we run the project manually (not thru a bat command).  We need to run this through a bat file. 

MelaSarenas _

Hi Paul,

How are you calling the csv file, model and export in the .bat file?  I have a bat file with something like this.

Monarch.exe /datasource:"[path]\Sample.csv" /mod:"[path]\ModelName.xmod" /exptable:"ExportTableName" /exp:"[path]\ExportName.xlsx"

If my datasource is an excel file or an access file, I just add /table:"TableName" after datasource.

Regards,

Mela