2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2014 11:11 AM by Nancy10 _ RSS

Modeler V12 - export summary with filter

Nancy10 _

In previous versions of Monarch, I was able to export a summary with a filter applied.

In Modeler V12 (12.0.5.2002), there is a particular summary, which has a filter, that I'd like to export.

But when I select Export from the ribbon and select the summary to export, the Filter dropdown is grayed out.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

• Re: Modeler V12 - export summary with filter
          Eamon Donoghue

Hi Nancy,

Without sight of your Project / Model and sample data, nothing obvious comes to mind.

However, if I were debugging one of my own projects to solve this problem, I would consider the following steps:

Make sure that this Summary doesn't already have a filter applied.  I think this would probably (i.e. should!) prevent you from adding a further filter at the Export stage.

Take a close look at the filter in question.  Have any of the fields used in the filter been renamed, 're-typed' or deleted?

This could include a calculated field which has dependencies elsewhere in the model.

Upgrade to V12.4 - the current version includes a number of updates which may have addressed any issues related to this problem - or at least may provide a more meaningful indication of potential conflicts or dependencies. From my own experience, I would recommend this upgrade as a matter of course.  I'm currently using V12.4 and I'm very happy with it.

I hope this helps.  If it's possible to share the model and some sample data, for example via a PM, I would be happy to take a closer look.

Best regards,

Eamon

Monarch Experts

• Re: Modeler V12 - export summary with filter
              Nancy10 _

Apparently, this behavior was a fluke because when I went back to look at it again, the Filter dropdown was no longer grayed out. I've also been able to apply a filter to a summary and export successfully (without using the advanced options). This didn't work either a few days ago.

Your suggestion to upgrade to 12.4 is well taken. Thank you!