1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 10, 2014 6:54 PM by Grant Perkins RSS

Export error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

paul dambrosio

I get the following error when I try to export a TXT file (both delimited and fixed):

Running export job Export1

Export job Export1:

Export1 - Failed

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Is there a solution?

• Re: Export error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          Grant Perkins

Hi Paul,

This is not one I am familiar with but a quick search suggests there may be some sort of SQL server anomaly in play. It may be that some components of your system are not quite aligned well for certain situations - there may be updates to apply.

However, although checking that is a starting point (if you have not already done so) the problem may yet persist. As I said, it's not one I have seen so other than vaguely pointing you in a direction that might be useful I can't add much.

Plan B, if you and/or your IT support don't find anything and have fully up to date Microsoft systems in place, will have to be contacting Datawatch Tech support to see if they have a known solution.

I have not done any deep searches. There may be more out there but I think it makes sense to check the basics first and at least find out what sort of things could influence the problem before trying to understand the on-line descriptions given for possible solutions!

If you have already done that then go right ahead and dive in deep!

Grant