4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2014 1:44 PM by MK100 _ RSS

"Datawatch Modeler and PDF files:  Unlocking the Value from Data"

DataExploiter _

Impressive, where can we find old webinars like “invisible data”?

Techniques shared on the today's webinar will help or improve any data extracting or analysis project.

Thanks to Olly (instructor) and Pat(monitor).

John

• Re: "Datawatch Modeler and PDF files:  Unlocking the Value from Data"
          Olly Bond

Hello John,

Thank you! We'll have to ask Pat Wall, the community manager, to upload the old webinar on Invisible Data. The next project for me is for Wednesday 3rd December, I'm planing a webinar on automating Monarch/Modeler - it should be fun.

Best wishes,

Olly

MK100 _

Hi, Olly:

I enjoyed your Oct 06 webcast and presentation very much, but I am unable to find the presentation deck within the Datawatch Community Content. I had understood this would be made available to the Webex attendees and Forum Members. Is there somewhere else I should look, please?

Thank you,

Mark

Olly Bond

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your note. The webinars on "Invisible Data" and "Modeler & PDF FIles" are online: http://www.datawatch.com/on-demand-webcasts/. I don't know if the slide decks make too much sense without the commentary - do you really need them? One of the things we set up Monarch Experts to do was to address the skills gap among Monarch users - 90% of whom are self-taught. We've helped 5,000 users in the forums over the last decade, and based on this we saw a huge mix of skills.

Some users understood filters but didn't get summaries, some got trapping but couldn't deal with external lookups. When you add up the cost training someone through the official syllabus - two days Beginner, two days Intermediate, two days Advanced - it's an expensive business, both in training costs and staff time.

So we offer a skills audit as a simple one hour online multiple choice exam, which helps you determine where the skills gaps are among your users and to design a bespoke training course that minimises both the costs and the impact on staff time. If this sounds like the sort of thing that might help, please do get in touch.

Best wishes,

Olly

MK100 _

Thank you very much for your prompt and complete response, Olly. I agree

with you that, as stand-alone, the presentation decks would likely have

limited value.

I have enjoyed using the Community Forum but until the last presentation a

few weeks ago, I was unfamiliar with Monarch Experts. I can see the solid

case for the Datawatch and Monarch Expert partnership. I will be checking

out the Experts webpage and will consider the Experts might be able to

help us.

I have about 20 reports of whom maybe 15% use Monarch but none have had

formal training (except me). I fear that we have no QA checks for the

models built by the self-taught users and developing in-house training to

foster broder use of the application has been a non-starter. A skills test

might be an ideal place to start. I will look for more info on the Experts

page.

Thanks again and best regards, Olly.

mark

Mark Klotzbach

Vice President, Administration Manager

Collateral Monitoring Group, Commercial Client Services

Lending Services

PNC

One East Pratt St., MS #C3-C411-04-07

Baltimore, MD 21202

(p) 410-237-5190 | (f) 410-237-5319

mark.klotzbach@pnc.com

Olly Bond <datawatch-admin@community.datawatch.com>

To:

MK100 _ <mark.klotzbach@pnc.com>,

Date:

10/15/2014 03:56 PM

Subject:

Re:  - "Datawatch Modeler and PDF files: 

Unlocking the Value from Data"

Datawatch Community

"Datawatch Modeler and PDF files:  Unlocking the Value from Data"

reply from Olly Bond in Datawatch Desktop Modeler - View the full

discussion

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your note. The webinars on "Invisible Data" and "Modeler & PDF

FIles" are online: http://www.datawatch.com/on-demand-webcasts/. I don't

know if the slide decks make too much sense without the commentary - do

you really need them? One of the things we set up Monarch Experts to do

was to address the skills gap among Monarch users - 90% of whom are

self-taught. We've helped 5,000 users in the forums over the last decade,

and based on this we saw a huge mix of skills.

Some users understood filters but didn't get summaries, some got trapping

but couldn't deal with external lookups. When you add up the cost training

someone through the official syllabus - two days Beginner, two days

Intermediate, two days Advanced - it's an expensive business, both in

training costs and staff time.

So we offer a skills audit as a simple one hour online multiple choice

exam, which helps you determine where the skills gaps are among your users

and to design a bespoke training course that minimises both the costs and

the impact on staff time. If this sounds like the sort of thing that might

help, please do get in touch.

Best wishes,

Olly

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on

Datawatch Community

Start a new discussion in Datawatch Desktop Modeler by email or at

Datawatch Community

Following "Datawatch Modeler and PDF files:  Unlocking the Value from

Data" in these streams: Inbox

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/

PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com