1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 1:51 PM by Olly Bond RSS

Data watch scripting - export to excel

Katie Roberts

We recently upgraded from Monarch 8.0 to DataWatch v12 (big jump I know).  We were scripting the export of some models to excel and it worked very well for us.  Of course, the scripts no longer work with this version and I was wondering if I could get a little help.  Currently, the script looks something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Datawatch Desktop\Modeler\DWModeler.exe" /rpt:"report_name" /mod:"model_name" /exp:"excel to be created" /T

All this script does now is open Datawatch with the model and report with no export.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Re: Data watch scripting - export to excel
          Olly Bond

Hello Katie,

Since v11.5, desktop automation has been removed from the standard Monarch/Modeler functionality. Unless your IT department have negotiated very hard with Datawatch, then you won't be able to control Modeler via script.

If you have the version that supports automation, then the syntax shouldn't change too much, and a straightforward table export like this should work. So my guess is that you don't have the automation enabled at all.

If you would like some advice about the options, please do drop me a line..

Best wishes,

Olly