5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2014 1:59 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Impal Support

Leo Matthew

Hi All,

We are creating a project in Hadoop & Impala. The DataWatch really supports Impala in Amazon EMR?

If it supports could you please guide me to create a data table/data source.

Please update me.

Thanks,

Leo Matthew.S

• Re: Impal Support
          Olly Bond

Hello Leo,

Just to check - are you trying to connect to this data using Datawatch Modeler (or Automator) or Datawatch Designer? And which version? 12.0.5 of Modeler or 12.4 of Designer are the latest.

Best wishes,

Olly

Leo Matthew

Hi Olly,

Thanks for your reply!!

I am using "Datawatch Desktop 12.4.0". My data sources are in Amazon EMR (Elastic Map Reduce). I am using Impala to retrieve the data from HDFS (for performance).

We are in the process of building dashboards. We are evaluating your solution. Our requirements are below.

1. Need to connect to Hadoop via Impala (should have the capability to run impala queries).

2. Build the dashboards and share it inside our web application (runs on ASP .Net/PHP).

Could you please advice me for the best approach/procedure in your platform?

Regards,

Leo Matthew.S

Olly Bond

Dear Leo,

"We are evaluating your solution" - just to clarify, I don't work for Datawatch, it's not my solution... Monarch Experts are completely independent consultants - more details on www.monarchexperts.com. I think that it might be helpful for you to connect with Datawatch sales and pre-sales - if you tell me where you are based, I can happily suggest some names.

Best wishes,

Olly

Michael Cirillo

Leo reach out to me via the support@datawatch.com email address.   Just state in the body you are looking to work with me on this Cloudera/Designer connection issue.

Thanks,

Mike Cirillo

Hi Leo

Yes, we can connect, and have gone through the Cloudera certification process. We use the Cloudera ODBC drivers for Impala.You setup an ODBC DSN to your Cloudera configuration, and confirm you can connect.Then use this ODBC DSN within Datawatch Designer to connect and retrieve data.

Please let me know if you would like someone walk you through this process.

Best

Pat Wall