4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2014 11:46 PM by sree b RSS

Hi im new to datawatch deskktop - how to good in the market

sree b

Hi im new to datawatch -

if i learn this tool i change my path is it good future?

but entire market datawatch not occupied that much compare to other tools?

how is the market of in memory(like qlikview tableau)

provide me some basic leavel informatin

Regards,

Sree

• Re: Hi im new to datawatch deskktop - how to good in the market
          Olly Bond

Hello Sree, I'm not sure what you're looking for - careers advice? You could look at the market rates that contractors with Tableau, QlikView, Panopticon/Datawatch and other skill sets fetch in various locations? Best wishes, Olly

sree b

Hello Bond,

HOw is the carrer for datawatch developer

is it good market it sector?

need in memory tools (datawatch) careers advice?

Thanks,

Sree

Olly Bond

Hello Sree,

I don't know if it would be possible to answer your questions meaningfully. Datawatch took over Panopticon less than a year ago, and we're now seeing the results of the two products (Monarch & Panopticon) being brought together as Modeler and Designer on the desktop, and in Datawatch Server. A month ago, I invested in training for all four Monarch Experts on the new Datawatch Designer tool - if there's a training near you offering certification, my adivce would be to take it.

The value of software doesn't just lie in whether it uses in-memory processing - who knows, in three years time, we might be using the next trendy technology - the important thing is surely to understand what the two products do, and why bringing them together is important. I've tried to cover this here a few years ago: Greenbar Analytics - A worked example - written when Datawatch just had the legacy Monarch product.

As for your career, I wish you all the best - I hope you are lucky and that you find something which you enjoy doing. The world seems to be producing and processing more and more data, and the tools to handle it are getting better, but we still need to be able to get the data from any format we find it in, and to turn it into interactive dashboards for people to understand. The tools you use aren't so important - although I think Monarch is unique and powerful (Greenbar Analytics - Trusting Data) - just be mindful that there's most likely a person putting the data into the machine and another trying to understand what comes out, and that if you can help them both, you'll be doing well.

Best wishes,

Olly