3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2014 2:51 PM by Olly Bond RSS

Can you update lookup tables with only new input items

JOHN MOORE

In Monarch v10.5 when I updated a lookup table it would only bring in new input records.  For example, if the report I was using was a payroll report and the report contained employee name and I had created a lookup table to provide an employee number when I pull the payroll report in the future and update the lookup table it would only bring in new hires as old employees were already in the lookup table.  In Modeler, it seems to pull all input records even if they already exist and I can overwrite the current items (I am afraid I would lose the output) in the lookup table or append them. 

Is there anyway to update a lookup table to only import new items?  If I overwrite input items does it maintain the outfut fields I already defined?

Thanks

• Re: Can you update lookup tables with only new input items
          Olly Bond

Hello John,

It's not clear to me if you mean a "calculated field of the type lookup" where the data is contained in the model, or an "external lookup to another datasource". For the former, the import options behave well to me, there's even a dialog box to give you the option to overwrite or retain the data.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Re: Can you update lookup tables with only new input items
              JOHN MOORE

Thanks Olly,

I am referring to a calculated lookup field.  In Modeler the only options seem to be to append all of the input fields to the table so you will have a tremendous amount of duplicate input fields or to overwrite all of the duplicate fields which then removes all of the output fields you have created.  At this time I have to append all of the input fields then go to the new input fields put in the output then remove all rows without an output. 

I have used Monarch for almost 20 years but am new to Modeler so I really appreciate your responses to my questions.