1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Temporary work file issue

rvelez

I tried searching the forum of the answer but couldn't find this exact issue anywhere.  Hope someone can help.

I'm having an issue when running scheduled jobs that fail because there wasn'tvenough temporary work space for the process to complete.   I get the following message.

Failed: DwchServer.ExporterErrorException: Exporter Error: 24. Cannot create temporary work file. at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, JobLog A_1, Int32 A_2) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a()

I have a 40 gig drive and noticed that there were only 4 mb of space left.   I did some cleaning up and found one huge file.   It was a DWCHServer_log.LDF that was 24 gigs in size.   How can i limit this log file so it doesn't get this big.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on a Windows 7 Professional machine, 4gb RAM, Monarch Version 10.5

• Temporary work file issue
          Olly Bond

Hello RVelez,

That's a SQL log file, I think, which suggests that the SQL database for your DataPump is on the same machine as the application?

That's OK, but a good SQL admin (I don't pretend to even be a bad one) should be able to advise you on how to keep that under control.

My guess would be that you could clean it up using a SQL Server management tool - maybe deleting previous years of archive data.

Best wishes,

Olly