2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by PYelton _ RSS

Increasing the Number of External Lookups

PYelton _

I am using Monarch 10.5 to access MS SQL data.  I have also created 9 External Lookups to an Excel spreadsheet.  I need 1 more, but I've apparently maxed out.  (The New button is greyed out).

I' pretty sure that I've used more External Lookups in the past so I'm assuming that this is some type of memory limitation? Is there any strategy to use that might  "free up" another External Lookup?

Thanks for the help!

Paul

• Increasing the Number of External Lookups
          Olly Bond

Hello Paul,

In v12 you have 16 external lookups, so Datawatch have listened to user requests on that feature... In v10.5, you'll need to export the table after nine lookups, and then open this table in a new project, and add the additional external lookup here.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Increasing the Number of External Lookups
              PYelton _

Hi Olly,

So the maximum number is fixed at 9 in v10.5 and not related to anything else?  (I have V11 and it just doesn't work for the type of work we are doing.  V12 has the same issues).  If there is an increase in allowable External Lookups inf V11 I might re-install it for this project.  Otherwise I'll follow your advise.  Tedious, but at least doable.

As always, thanks for the expert help.

Paul