3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by AndrewC _ RSS

Monarch Pro 10.5 PDF Issue

AndrewC _

I have a major data migration ongoing at present and have just come across a problem with my trusty V10.5.

Reports in PDF format when imported into Pro are showing some fields displaced horizontally (sometimes by quite a number of characters) causing the models to be invalidated, yet the rest of the same line is OK.

I had thought it was the output from the server that was at fault but have now checked and the files read perfectly aligned in Adobe Reader.

Are there any known patches for 10.5 to address this?  I realise it is an old version now but I'm not about to change just before retiring!

Or is there a workaround that anyone can suggest.  I have tried Microsoft XPS format but that is even less reliable.

Regards

Andrew

• Monarch Pro 10.5 PDF Issue
          Olly Bond

Hello Andrew,

v11 and v12 do offer more up to date PDF import engines to deal with different layouts, but I doubt that there will be a magic bullet that will line everything up 100% accurately. But you can handle the data fine in 10.5 - using numeric or trapping, floating traps, and, if things get really hairy, text blocks chopped up using TextLine() and Column().

If you email me a problem PDF file I'll happily take a look.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Monarch Pro 10.5 PDF Issue
              AndrewC _

Olly

I have packed up for the night and am going through to see the Client early in the morning, so I can't easily get at the file tonight.

The variability of the field position is quite significant, though, and it is a "code" field adjacent to a text description field so gets a bit messy to segregate.

I'm going to try another tack in the morning and see if I can get the report (which is over 200 pages long and takes 6 hours to run) produced as a Print to File, so we by-pass PDF altogether.

If that doesn't work I'll be back to you to see if you can make me a better Model!

Many thanks for taking the time to come back to me.

Regards

Andrew