3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Data Pump Input File Name

Hi, I am using Monarch Pro 11.5 and Data Pump 12.1.

I have been using Monarch Pro for 2 months or so but a newbie to Data Pump.

I have to make excel exports for 234 models(234 different report IDS) and each report ID can have up till 67 branches.All the input files are already split by report ID , branch and date.For example, DD9001P_111_2013-09-30 ,DD9001P_112_2013-08-20 and etc.

Since both have same report ID, they will be using the same model.

The date of the input file will change from time to time.

Is it possible to export excel with the excel name to follow the input file name without creating individual projects for it?

-

There are cases which are more complex in a process where i

1. Export a file from Model (e.g. DD9002P(A))

2. LOOKUP the same file to another Model(e.g. DD9002P(B))

3. After combining the data then export to excel.

4. Both models use the same input file, so the exported excel file will follow the input file name.

In Data Pump, i attempted manually by creating a process with two projects( for DD9002P(B) and DD9002P(A)) and a specific input file(DD9002P_111_2013-09-30). It worked and the excel file name is the same as input name. However, my problem is ,for the same model,how should i proceed to export for the input file with different branch and date?(E.g. DD9002P_1123_2013-09-30,DD9002P_142_2008-11-20 and so on.) Create many projects? Create many filters?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Foong.

• Data Pump Input File Name
          Olly Bond

Hello Foong,

Yes, it is possible to put the input file name into the name of the export using DataPump, as well as useful things like timestamps, job log numbers and so on.

You don't need to define multiple projects for each file - as long as the files are of the same structure, and so can be processed using the same model, then in DataPump you can define the input mask using a wildcard.

So one process could handle all the files of the form DD9001P*.txt, and the export could be defined to create .xls, so DataPump would create DD9002P_1123_2013-09-30.xls, ,DD9002P_142_2008-11-20.xls etc.

For the more complex cases it would be helpful to get more details - is it possible for you to save the job log of that process and to email me that as an XML file?

Best wishes,

Olly

econ664 _

Olly,

Could you please describe how to set the export so that the file is named appropriately? Like .xls, as you mentioned above? Is it a function you put in the export properties dialog?

Thanks,

(EDIT)

It appears that there are macros in the export properties dialog that allow for adding the input file names as well as dates and timestamps. There is a little down arrow next to the box where you type the name of the file to be exported.

Olly Bond

Hello econ664,

Sorry - I could have been clearer. You can use all sorts of useful metadata from that down arrow - YYYYMMDD, of course, but also JobID and ProcessName which can help you keep track of where the data came from...

Best wishes,

Olly