4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by Olly Bond RSS

External Lookup Problem

KEVIN KENNEDY

Using Monarch Pro v 10.0, I created a model and added an external lookup for a calculated field. Another user who has rights to the same models & files is unable to load the model.  Error message is 'unable to expose user-defined functions from the following external models: Default.' I changed the link to the other model to expose functions, but that did not resolve the problem. The fallback is to remove the link and add the calculation in the model itself, but I'd rather fix this because I have about 20 other models that use linked calculated fields.

• External Lookup Problem
          Olly Bond

Hello K,

Are you sure it's the user defined functions? Sounds like the path to the external lookup might be based on a network drive like X:\Lookups\file.xls when your colleague can't see X: and needs
          network.server.domain\path\lookups\file.xls...

Best wishes,

Olly

KEVIN KENNEDY

The path to the calculated field is indeed a network drive, but it's in the same path as the report (which he IS able to get to). The report's in X:\folder and the calculated field's in X:\folder\models

KEVIN KENNEDY

User clicked through the error and loaded the model with no problem. He recreated the linked calculated field with no error.

Olly Bond

Hello K,

The "Can't expose UDF" error crops up a lot where people are installing Monarch on networks where not all users have the same OS and the same path to C:\Users\Documents\Public\Monarch... It's probably worth defining a network location for the main model and setting R/W permissions for it. When you work with DataPump, or Datawatch Automator as we have to learn to call it, then the service account that DataPump runs under may not see the X drive and will need to use UNC paths. Monarch Utility is helpful here...

All the best,

Olly