If it would help, Monarch Experts can get someone to you on site to work on your confidential data so it doesn't leave your premises.
Alternatively, there's a tool for Anonymising Data on blog.greenbar.info which might help - open the PDF in Monarch, adjust the scaling to the best you can get, then export the report as a fixed width text file, or copy and paste the report window into Notepad and save that. Then run the scramble.xls from the blog to anonymise the data.
The PDF I am using opens in Adobe and all the data is lined up nicely in columns. When I open it in Monarch (I am still using 9) the data is all over the place and I am having difficulty setting up a template. I tried every option I could on the import options screen to align the colums but no luck.
PDFs can be very strange things. Is yours all text or a mixture of text and graphics?
One thing to check is what the Adobe reader makes of the document when you tell it to export (or Convert or whatever the correct term is) to text. Does it get it as you expect or is it a mess?
If its a mess that's a pretty good sign that the nice looking document you see displayed is not so pretty in its hidden engineering!
If' it's good ... is it good enough to use as an source file for a Monarch Model to extract from?
Historically solutions have involved either seeking the output in a revised format or from a different version of the PDF writer or, if the document security allows it, opening the file in a suitable editor (Acrobat or some third party products) and then re-writing it. In some cases this will sort of the internal mess and produce a file that Monarch (and the Adobe PDF reader) will be happy with.
If you have to extract form ths report source regularly and frequently these suggestions may have little practical value for you other than identifying whether there is any hope for the file(s) to be offered by more recent versions of Datawatch (or any other) software for text extraction purposes.
Hope this helps a little.