3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Odd Summary Behavior

lcwalker _

Good afternoon all.  This one is driving me mad.  Today I had a summary report that I've used for a few weeks now.  I opened up the summary today, and have no values being returned in my measurement fields.  A little digging and the only thing in common is that they are all calculated fields.  Any reason why Monarch 10.5 would not be able to return an aggregate sum on a calculated field all of a sudden?

• Odd Summary Behavior
          Olly Bond

Hello LC,

Have you checked the default filter? Have you done File > Refresh Database and External Lookups?

Best wishes,

Olly

• Odd Summary Behavior
              lcwalker _

I think I found the problem.  The fields were doing calculations and one of the rows provided an invalid result.  I suppose it couldn't aggregate the entire column because of this.

• Odd Summary Behavior
                  Grant Perkins

I think I found the problem.  The fields were doing calculations and one of the rows provided an invalid result.  I suppose it couldn't aggregate the entire column because of this.[/QUOTE]

That would indeed be the case.

Have you found out why the field calculation failed? Was it a one-off (hopefully) glitch or did you need to put something into the calculation to make allowance for it if it should fail again?

Grant