3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by Olly Bond RSS

    Missing data

    NoBigee _

      I am using 11.3 and I have put in my model and  I have designated a field as character, the data will pick up the data just fine for several rows, then I get empty data in several rows in that field.  I have looked again at the report and there is something there, the area is highlighted but the output shows a blank.  Usally its a reference column.  I can go back and select a range that encompasses both  the reference column and the adjacent name column.  Then the output shows the data but I then have to fix it in Excel.  This makes me very nervous as I can't trust Monarch to pick up my data.  I never had this problem with 10.5.  Is this a problem with 11.3 and has it been fixed?

        • Missing data
          Olly Bond

          Hello NoBigee,

           

          This could be an issue with field types, trap characters or filters. Can you post a sample of the report here? Or email me the report and model that's causing the problem? There's a tool on my blog to anonymise your data before you send it, if you're working with confidential stuff.

           

          Best wishes,

           

          Olly

            • Missing data
              NoBigee _

              I don't know if this was the problem but once before for pdf files, you recommended selecting the monospaced and freeform options in the pdf reports. I tried to capture the report again and Monarch did pick up the previous missing data in the "Num" field with these settings checked.  I had set the field to character.  Could this have been the problem that the embedded feature of the pdf file may have moved that data out of my data range for the certain section of the report?

                • Missing data
                  Olly Bond

                  Hello NoBigee,

                   

                  It's hard to guess what's happening if I'm not in front of your PC, and can't see the PDF, but certainly, if text is drifting around and there's a danger that fields run into each other, then it would be prudent to define the fields as character.

                   

                  You can always use calculated fields in the table to clean things up - strip(field;(strip(field;"-0.123456789")) would get rid of any stray letters that were in the PDF, for example.

                   

                  Best wishes,

                   

                  Olly