1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Use field filter to convert one PDF file to many PDF files

Scotto13 _

I want to take a PDF file with many sections.  Each page has the hospital floor number on the top.  I created a field called Floor.

Is there a way to take to report and output it to multiple pdf files filtered on this field?

I don't suppose the formatting of the report would stay intact?  That needs to be there - lines and boxes and such. 

Any ideas?  Other software besides CutePDF?

• Use field filter to convert one PDF file to many PDF files
          Olly Bond

Hello Scotto,

You could recreate the look and feel of the report as a summary in Monarch, and then make the Floor the first key value, and then export the summary (in 9 or above I think) so that exports are generated based on each change in the first key value. Lines and boxes won't be preserved in the summary method in desktop Monarch.

A report export won't split that way, but you could export a PDF from the report window with a navigable tree of bookmarks which would let people browse to the data they need.

There is an alternative using Datawatch|ES - which is to use XSLT stylesheets to recreate the design of the PDF in a web page. The document level security in ES would then allow you to decide who could see the data for which floor.

Hope this helps,

Olly