Problem: Can not run Monarch Pro v10 models on standalone Windows 8 installation - full security rights - i am
only user of this computer.
System: Dell T3600, 8 processors/16 cores 64GB RAM, 64-bit
1. Initial issue of this computer was a Dell-installed Windows 7
2. I installed and used Monarch Pro v10 from a full version of Monarch Pro v9.0 with an upgrade to Monarch Pro v
3. I upgraded to Windows 8 - all parts of Monarch v 10 worked flawlessly
4. This month I contracted a virus and had to format my hard drive. With the help of Dell I did a clean install
of Windows 8 and started installing my programs.
5. I tried to install Monarch Pro by starting with full version of 9.0 and the installation stalled at the message
that it was Completing Setup at 95%. I waited 10 minutes, closed the dialog box and went on with the Monarch
Pro v10 upgrade - same behavior - stalled at 95%. I left it for 3 hours then closed the dialog box.
6. Monarch program opened, opened a file - but all attempts of invoking a model resulted in "Monarch application
file has stopped working" - "Close Program"
7. Then I opened Monarch, opened a file, CREATED A NEW MODEL, RAN IT WITHOUT SAVING IT, data populated the table
but I was unable to export it to Excel, only to a text file.
8. Then I saved the "new" model and attempted to invoke it, only to fail with the same message.
9. Directed my Windows 8 machine to open Monarch on a Vista 64bit - program opened on the Windows 8 machine.
10. Modified the model to use the Monarch program on Vista 64 bit - Monarch opened
11. Modified the model to use both the Monarch program and the Monarch model on the Vista machine - failed with
12 Tried to UNINSTALL MONARCH from Windows 8 machine - from Control Panel
a. Control Panel asks for Monarch disks - I put it in drive - I have no choices - it runs through all processes
AS IF it is re-installing and hangs at 95% same as if I were installing it. I left it overnight - it never
I also ran program with Administrator rights and also tried compatibility modes to no success.
The paths of my new installation are exactly the same as the old installation. I have reformatted and reinitiated
the command lines in my modesl icons. That being said, the behaviour when I open Monarch manually and try to
invoke a newly made model results in the same error message; Monarch will not run a model manually invoked of
inovked from my icon on the Windows 8 installation.
The only error message when I am IN MONARCH invoking the model manually is above. When I click on my formerly
working Monarch model icons - nothing happens, no Monarch opening, no error message. When I look in Task Manager,
Monarch is not resident either.
Is there any help for me?
I have Googled with no success, I have read the Datawatch forums with no success.
thank you for any help.