6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:16 AM by LarryQ _ RSS

Export tab problem

LarryQ _

In the export tab "Export Wizard - Excel Advanced Features" window below the formulas check box I am getting the error message:

"Formula inclusion is disabled because not all measures used in this export are set up for Excel Translation".

The problem this is causing whether exporting in table or summary mode to an excel file is some of the subtotals are blank but if you view in print preview all totals are there and correct.

Hope this makes sense as I have no idea what is happening here.

• Export tab problem
          Olly Bond

Hello Larry,

My hunch is this is an Excel version issue. What version of Monarch, DataPump are runnion what OS? Are there Excel drivers installed on the DataPump Server? Are you editing the project and model on the server itself or on another machine? What Excel version are you exporting to?

Best wishes,

Olly

• Export tab problem
              LarryQ _

Hi Olly,

I am currently using Excel 2007. Monarch version 10.5 and Monarch Data Pump version 10.5.0.2. Everything is on a server of its own. This is something that I have been doing for quite some time now without any prior problems. Hope this is enough information for you to get at the problem. Thanks.

• Export tab problem
                  Olly Bond

Hello Larry,

Is it possible to send the report and model and project to me by email? I can test in DataPump 11.3 here wth Excel 2013 here.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Export tab problem
                      LarryQ _

Sorry Olly, wish that I could,  but that is against company policy. All I can say is that I open a database (.xls) file and it's model and the result is exactly what I want. It is when I export it as either table or summary data I lose the totals under one of the columns. I was hoping somebody could lead me in the right direction just by the error message that is being displayed below the formulas check box.

• Export tab problem
                          Olly Bond

Hello Larry,

This Excel file that you open - does it already have totals under the columns? Or is it purely a table of data? Are you opening a named range or a worksheet?

Best wishes,

Olly

• Export tab problem
                              LarryQ _

Hello Olly,

Yes it has totals under the columns. After looking at this again I believe this is an external lookup problem. These totals are calculated by doing an external look up and then using those totals in a calculation to arrive at a columns totals on a work sheet. As I said before when I open the database manually followed by the model all looks great. It is when I export that result to a file that the Total amount is blank. I have noticed that the external file that I am using to calculate the totals are fully in place when doing this manually. When I run the process with data pump those same totals from that external lookup are missing the final total which is blank. This means that I am doing a calculation with a blank field which explains the blank total field on the summary run via data pump. Problem is I now need to figure out why it is blank when running it with data pump.

I know it sounds confusing but that is the best I can explain it.

Thanks,

Larry