4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:15 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Wrapping in Excel

Jim Weeks

Hello!

I am using Monarch Pro 10.5 and MDP 10.5.  I am outputting a field that can be up to 240 characters long into a cell.  Is there a way to get Monarch to "tell" Excel to wrap that text?

Thank you!

Jim

• Wrapping in Excel
          Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

Are you exporting from the table window or from a summary?

Best wishes,

Olly

• Wrapping in Excel
              Jim Weeks

Hello, Olly.  Nice to hear from you.  These exports are from summaries.

Jim

• Wrapping in Excel
                  Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

I can confirm that in 10.5, adjusting the width and height of the long character field in a summary shows the text wrapping in Monarch. This width and height of the cell is preserved when exporting to Excel, but the text isn't wrapped. Oddly, the row and height is preserved, and the text is wrapped, when exporting the same summary to PDF.

I'm not in front of the right machine to have a look in 11.7 but I'll try later.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Wrapping in Excel
                      Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

I can confirm that 11.7 behaves the same way as 10.5 for this - cell width and row height settings are preserved in Excel and PDF exports, but text wrapping is on in PDF but not on in Excel.

I'll ask whether this feature could be turned on as an Export Option in future versions.

Best wishes,

Olly