5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2014 4:22 PM by Olly Bond RSS

Monarch v11 Slow Windows 7

Matixsnow _

Monarch v11 is much slower than v10.5.  Is this a known  "issue" or is this uncommon?  Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

CPU: Intel i5 2.5GHz

Ram: 4gb

Monarch: v11.7.13 32-bit

MS Office: 32-bit

Thanks!

• Monarch v11 Slow Windows 7
          Olly Bond

Hello Matixsnow,

Some aspects performance should be faster - have you tried benchmarking an export to XLSX format?

Some aspects appear slower, but this is usually because Monarch is doing lots of things at once. If you have the report, a sorted and filtered table, and several summary tabs open when you save the model, next time you open the project Monarch will try to prepare all this data for you. If the data is stored on a network location, all these requests over the network will take time. It can help to bring any intermediate stage data from multi-project work to a local fast hard drive.

I've got a similar spec machine to yours, and would be happy to benchmark one of your projects if you can share the data.

Best wishes,

Olly

Matixsnow _

Interesting...Thanks for the response. 

I really am not doing anything too "intense" in Monarch.  I only have 1 model open...nothing else.  It seems like any time I make changes to calculated fields, Monarch take's ~20 seconds to refresh the data table.  The file extract I am working with is a 215mb text file.  Could that be the issue?

Olly Bond

Hello Matixsnow,

That would be a reasonable cause! Monarch will let you edit a model without the report being open, so you can just close the report and edit the calculcated fields quickly.

Another useful technique is to make a small text file from the first few pages of the report and save this, so you can build your model against that without working "blind".

Best wishes,

Olly

• Re: Monarch v11 Slow Windows 7
                      Maggie Rodriguez

Hi,

I recently upgraded from v10.5 to v11 due and when exporting the data as a dbf file it takes a very long time to complete the export. In the older versions (v9 and v10.5) this was never a problem.  Is there anything I can do to make this process faster?  I only have one report and one model open at the same time.

Thanks!

• Re: Monarch v11 Slow Windows 7
                          Olly Bond

Hello Maggie

Sorry that you're having a problems. I don't imagine the dbf drivers have changed much - the last DBASE or XBASE development was about a decade ago, no? - but there are a few steps you can take to identify where the problem might lie.

Where is the source file - local, or on a network drive? And where is the output going? Can you time the process locally to get a benchmark on your equipment? I'm happy to test it here on v12 if you like.

Best wishes,

Olly