3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:15 AM by MelaSarenas _ RSS

How do I report a bug to DataWatch?

Itech _

I'm trying to submit a bug to DataWatch but am unable to do so.  I have a valid account on the Support Portal.  Here are the steps I am taking:

1. Login to the support portal.

2. Click on Log a Case

3. Set Type = Bug and complete each of the other boxes.

4. Click Submit.

When I click submit, the Error message "Please enter a Bug Number as a reference for this issue" is displayed.  Should I be selecting a Type other than Bug or is there something else I am missing?

• How do I report a bug to DataWatch?
          Olly Bond

Hello Itech,

I've found that an email to support@datawatch.com[/email] worked well enough - but the last time I had to ask for support was about three years ago and that was before they introduced their registration and activation systems, so I can't promise that it still works.

But you can't just report it to Datawatch without sharing it with us here - what have you found?

Best wishes,

Olly

• How do I report a bug to DataWatch?
              Itech _

Olly - thanks for the suggestion of emailing Datawatch support instead of using the Support Portal.  

We are using Monarch 11.6.  The bugs aren't anything major, just minor issues that we think should work differently.  Here are two of them:

1. User would like to copy selected cells from a Monarch summary and paste into Excel.  In the Monarch summary the user selects 2 or 3 cells (but not the whole row or column) and presses Ctrl-C to copy.  Then in Excel the user presses Ctrl-V to paste.  Even though only a few cells were selected the whole row from the summary is pasted instead.  We have found a work around is to do a paste Special in Excel.

2. The behaviour of the Summeries List is inconsistent when changing the order of Summaries.  If the focus is on a Summary name in the Document Explorer window when the Summaries list is opened, then the Summaries list will close immediately when the Move Up or Move Down button is pressed.  If the focus is in the Document Explorer window but not on a summary name when the Summaries list is opened, then the Move Up and Move Down buttons can be pressed multiple times without closing and the order of the summaries will be changed.  If the focus is not in the Document Explorer Window when the Summaries list is opened, then the Move Up and Move Down buttons can be pressed multiple times but the order of the summaries in the Document Explorer window will not change.