4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:15 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Manual

craigtmann _

Can anyone point me in the direction of some type of beginner to advanced manual that can help with the learning curve?

• Manual
          joey

Did you go through the learning guide? For version 10+, this is a PDF that is installed with the software.  DataKruncher has a guide that he sells if you are looking for more than the learning guide.

• Manual
              Olly Bond

Hello craig,

The guide Joey refers to is the "30 days to become a better Monarch modeller" ebook from www.********************[/url].

In my experience, once a user has mastered Lesson11.xmod and Classic.prn, then it's usually fairly easy to find solutions yourself after that unless you're faced with really ugly data.

If you've got something like that, please feel free to post a sample here or drop me a line.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Manual
              elginreigner _

Can anyone point me in the direction of some type of beginner to advanced manual that can help with the learning curve?[/QUOTE]

Monarch does have a learning curve, as it's in a class of it's own. I recommend the Datawatch training. It can be pricey, but very well worth it.

• Manual
                  Olly Bond

Hello craig,

Elgin's quite right - Datawatch offer great training, and I think there are regular public courses in New York which I hope isn't too far from you. I don't know if this will work for you, but for some users the idea that helps them break through is to imagine that you're teaching your computer how to read the report. Open up the tutorial file - Lesson10.xmod and Classic.prn is good here - and look at the templates in the report window to see what's going on. I've used these sample files on my blog where I've tried to present an overview:

http://blog.greenbar.info/post/8904137941/a-worked-example[/url]

Hope this helps,

Olly