3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:15 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Datapump 10.5 stopped running! Help!

Jim Weeks

I was working with datapump this morning setting up and testing some new processes.  No problems for about 2 hours.  Suddenly I noticed that when I clicked on "Run Process" nothing was happening.  Although the screen said that a job had been submitted, the new job did not appear in the Jobs listing.  I rebooted the server.  The Server Status screen in DP says everything is on line/running/enabled etc.  The DP service is running in the Services screen.  Still nothing. 

One thing that is perhaps interesting is that, on previous occasions when DP would stop processing for one reason or another, the Process Queue Entries on the Server Status screen would be building up as jobs were submitted.  However, in this case there is nothing in the Queue either from me clicking "Run Process" or from Scheduled Jobs. 

Any suggestions VERY MUCH apprecieted!

• Datapump 10.5 stopped running! Help!
          Olly Bond

Hello Jim,

This is the unpaid Saturday evening Datapump support shift from Germany here

In the DataPump program folder, there should be a temp subfolder with a file called processqueue.xml in it.

Shut down the pump, then edit this file in Notepad so that it contains just the text:

[/CODE]

Save, then restart the pump and that should work.

Best wishes,

Olly

Jim Weeks

Thanks SO much, Olly!  It worked like a charm!  Not sure why it went blank or why that would stop everything in its tracks but I don't really care......IT WORKS NOW!!

Yet again, the German Support Team steps up!!  I will recommend to Datawatch that your pay be doubled!

Olly Bond

Thanks SO much, Olly!  It worked like a charm!  Not sure why it went blank or why that would stop everything in its tracks but I don't really care......IT WORKS NOW!!

Yet again, the German Support Team steps up!!  I will recommend to Datawatch that your pay be doubled![/QUOTE]

There's a function for that - it's called IsNull()

Pleased to hear it worked.

All the best,

Olly