3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:15 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Project Exports

wbeck _

I'm a new user of Monarch Pro (11.2) and have created a few "Project Exports" which apply a model to a file and create a Data View. I would like them to export this Data View to an Excel file by either overwriting an existing one, or creating a new one. Is this possible, or do I have to do the exporting to excel manually?

• Project Exports
          Olly Bond

Hello wbeck,

The project file (say, project.xprj) contains just three things - the path to the input file (say, report.txt), the path to the model file (say, model.xmod) and the definitions of the exports. These exports might be from the Table (the Data View) or from one or more Summaries. One project can contain multiple export definitions.

You can tell Monarch to run, open a project, and perform all the project exports with a one line batch file like:

C:\Programs\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe C:\Files\Projects\project.xprj /pxall[/CODE]

Further details on automation are on the excellent www.********************[/url] site.

Hope this helps,

Olly

• Project Exports
              wbeck _

Are you saying that with the batch file below, I can tell Monarch to overwrite an excel file with the latest export? I'm looking for a way to provide a dailly report on excel from Monarch that is created without me having to go through the export steps.

• Project Exports
                  Olly Bond

Hello,

Yes - you can do this. Of course, if you output to a shared drive this way and some other user has opened the Excel file and not closed it, you'll hit snags. DataPump and SharePoint would be a more robust approach.

Best wishes,

Olly