3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Print defaults in Monarch 11

offpiste.reese _

Hello,

I have been searching for a way to keep my printing default to Landscape from Monarch 11.  I have modified the Page Setup to landscape, but when I go to print, it defaults to whatever the printer is set for.  Is there a way to make Monarch override the printer default?  Thanks.

Dan

• Print defaults in Monarch 11
          Olly Bond

Hello Dan,

Sorry for the delay - been a bit busy at work, but I think you may have spotted something confusing in the interface.

I've not got a printer attached to my v11 machine at the moment, so I've used the Microsoft XPS Writer that is there as default in Windows 7.

In Monarch, the File menu option for Page Setup has a section for Export Pagination, but this is for when Monarch does the export to XPS or PDF, not when you use the printer driver.

The File > Print > Print Preview dialog does give you control of the orientation, but not via the Page Setup icon with the little yellow set square, but the icon to the right of that.

Toggling that to landscape did let me print a summary out as landscape, even when the default page setup for the XPS printer driver was portrait.

Best wishes,

Olly

offpiste.reese _

Olly,

Unless I am mistaken, that will let you change the current print action, but it does not save the setting.  I have a user that always wants to print from Monarch in landscape, but doesn't want to change the default for the printer to landscape.  They upgraded from a very early version of Monarch, 5 and 8 I believe, and those versions let them set a default print setting of landscape for anything out of Monarch.  Unless I am missing something, it appears that functionality is gone.  Thanks.

Dan

Olly Bond

Hello Dan,

That sounds like one for Datawatch support to confirm. As a clunky workaround, can the user not duplicate the printer definitions in Windows, and have one logical printer permanently wired to landscape, another to portrait, both pointing to the same physical device? I'm no technician, so this may be nonsense...

Hope this helps,

Olly