Can you tell me what I'm missing then? This is the old way the data is in the report
The new way is like this to accomodate 3 more characters in some of the fields.
When i set thet floating trap on the new way I get the following in my table which is right
SUBTOTAL: 1 1 12 18.00 .00 new floating trap new report
That same trap in the old report looks like this
SUBTOTAL 1 S - 1 S - 12 E - 18.00 E - .00 new floating trap old report
So the s- and the e- are part of the header before the data because it now overlaps in the header in the old report. So thats where I didn't know if the floating trap was right or not.
Any suggestions?..Also I'm not for sure how to get spacing to show properly when I copied lines from my report file. I've been trying to figure that out now.
The trick with the floating trap is to be a bit more generous with the trap characters. In a fixed report, without the floating trap, you're always trying to find the fewest characters that will accurately grab just the lines you need, and the more characters you put in the T line of the template dialog, the more errors you risk.
With the floating trap, you want the characters in the T line to do two jobs at once - telling Monarch which lines of the report to grab for that template, and also providing the anchor points to separate the fields.
Here, I'd use all the text as literal traps, with ß either side of them for good measure, and paint the gaps between the words as the fields.
Hope this helps,