4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by Olly Bond RSS

360 days calculation

Wendy _

Hi,

I am hoping to get help on translating this excel ROUND(DAYS360(Date1, Date2)/30,0) formula into a Monarch (version 9Pro) calculated formula. Typically, I use the age function however, this age function only provide options of calculating difference in days, months or years.  Thank you.

• 360 days calculation
          KeyserSoze _

Hi Wendy,

I'm not sure that I see a problem here. Using your exact Excel formula with 24/10/2012 and 16/07/2019, Excel returns the value 81.

Using the Monarch calculated field Age(Date1,Date2,2)+1 the value returned is also 81.

What am I missing?

• 360 days calculation
              Wendy _

I'll like to calculate the number of days using the 360 days method. I believe the aging function in Monarch will give us the actuals days difference.

• 360 days calculation
                  KeyserSoze _

If you want the exact number of days then it would be a simple direct calculation without using any functions, such as LaterDate - EarlierDate, optionally adding a value of one if you want a single day to count as a value of one.

For instance, 10/24/2012 and 11/30/2026 returns 5,150 days in both Excel and Monach using the same formula.

• 360 days calculation
                      Olly Bond

Hello,

I think this might be solvable using the Working Days function. If you define all days of the week as working days, and define the 31st of January, March, etc as public holidays, then the NumberofWorkingDays function should return a Date360 value.

Hope this helps,

Olly