1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch 9.01 Adobe file 'is not a valid PDF file, will be opened as plain text

Assured _

Help.

I have run across this before, and I changed a setting while printing the adobe file, and my problem was solved.

I have an adobe file, I'm trying to open it in Monarch 9.01, and I get the error, 'is not a valid PDF file, will be opened as plain text.

I remember going in the settings of the PDF when I printed it, and I changed something, like comparability or version, and I was able to open it.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have been searching the forum, but no luck.

• Monarch 9.01 Adobe file 'is not a valid PDF file, will be opened as plain text
          Grant Perkins

It may be that the simple act of making a change, any change, and recreating the the PDF will be enough - so long as the PDF compatibility allows older version of Adobe readers to understand the file - i.e. it's not restricted to be only compatible with the latest greatest version of Acrobat or the Reader.

Worth trying first. Also check if Adobe Reader can make a successful text conversion file from it.

If that doesn't work can you share the file  so someone can have a look at it from a technical perspective? (I appreciatate that this is not always possible for security an privacy reasons.)

HTH.

Grant