6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by abravo _ RSS

Monarch 11- no table view

Mriley7212 _

Just upgraded and trying to match 10.5 to 11 and can not get the data view to open. It has been running for about 1 hour. (I went to a meeting) Anyone have the same problem and a fix?

Mike

• Monarch 11- no table view
          Olly Bond

Hello Mike,

This was an issue in v11.1 in some cases, but v11.3 seems fine for me. Is the data set a local report or a big database over a slow network connection?

Best wishes,

Olly

Mriley7212 _

Yes, after a few tries we fell upon the newest version. Thanks.

abravo _

I have been working with Customer Support since August to get this resolve...Trying to process many very simple reports...

Olly Bond

Hello abravo and welcome,

Are you on 11.5 yet?

When you say "many" do you mean you need Monarch to open multiple reports at once, with the same model, or so you mean you run lots of operations in sequence on different reports?

I'd be interested to benchmark this - have support helped you set up logging so you can see exactly how many milliseconds each step takes, and where the problem is?

Best wishes,

Olly

abravo _

Yes.....I do have 11.5.  and yes I am processing about 150 very simple delimited text files.  If I process 1-5 the model works and it provides the data view...more than that it gives me an error message.

Hello abravo and welcome,

Are you on 11.5 yet?

When you say "many" do you mean you need Monarch to open multiple reports at once, with the same model, or so you mean you run lots of operations in sequence on different reports?

I'd be interested to benchmark this - have support helped you set up logging so you can see exactly how many milliseconds each step takes, and where the problem is?

Best wishes,

Olly[/QUOTE]

Grant Perkins

Interesting reports.

FWIW I have just installed 11.3 on a machine and then updated to 11.5.

On first run it seemed to get to 101% of the table load (from a medium sized file) and then froze.

Windows Task Manager showed that Monarch was constantly using 49/50% of avaualbe CPU and a fixed 68,xxx kb of memory.

I also run a desktop CPU monitor widget and that was confirming the 50% of CPU but also showing that this was split across the 2 cores usually 80/20 but variable and sometimes as low as 60/40 or even flipped to 20/80 although this was usually very brief.

The Core temperatures were also at the upper end of the scale  - far higher than 'normal' and almost at the automatic cut off point.

The process was being asked to open the table view, the field view and a coupld of summaries but I suspect that, apart from the field view which I opened early on, neither summary request had been actioned.

I killed the process, re-booted the machine (having killed all other processes to see what might happen up to that point is seemed like I might as well re-boot) and since then Monarch has worked as expected.

I probably should have kept a copy of the log file but ...

I suppose there might be something in Windows error reporting but whether it would be of any help is another matter.

Obviously this is something that does not happen to everyone all the time so it suggests something system specific but clearly some systems are more likely to suffer the problem persistently than others.

This machine is running Windows 7. I have no idea wether that is of any significance.

If I see the problem again I will try to dig a little deeper.

Grant Perkins