5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Pro 11 not recognise .mod

wwong _

I recently had an upgrade to Monarch Pro 11.  But it can't recognise my models created with older version (.mod).  What should I do?:confused:

• Pro 11 not recognise .mod
          KeyserSoze _

There's a program that is installed with Monarch named "Monarch Utility" which will quickly and easily convert your .mod files into .xmod files which can then be used by v11.

wwong _

Thanks for your reply.  I still can't use the converted model with v11 but can use it with the older version.

Grant Perkins

Hi wwong and a warm welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us which version you were using and what sort of error message you get (assuming you get an error message) when trying to use the converted models in V11?

Are the models loaded directly to your report (or database) or do they run from a Project or perhaps a batch file.

Are the models being applied  reports, databases or, perhaps, PDF files?

Have you made sure that your windows computer installation is fully up to date, as far as Monarch is concerned, with Windows .NET developments?

Let's start there and see where the answers take us.

Grant

wwong _

thanks so much for your welcome...

the model may be created by a version older than 8, but I really don't know which one exactly.  It's fine to run with v8. 

No error message I got.  Just after running the model directly on a .txt report, the summary shows nothing except headers. 

I can use v11 on other reports and models (.xmod).  so, my system should be ok.

Grant Perkins

OK, good update.

Do some of the older models work but not all of them? (I am assumig you use more than pone model ...)

For clarity  - you say the SUMMARY shows nothing but headers but is that the Summary or the TABLE?

If the TABLE is correctly populated but the summary is not we can perhaps narrow the scope of the investigation.

If you see something from the model and no errors it suggests that the model is basically working but that something in the model is not compatible with some part of V11.

Now, I seem to recall that there were a few changes to Microsoft Windows development tools that unexpectedly caused (and in some cases of all types of software)  continue to cause unexpected process failures or part failures. I know V11 early releases had come across one or two of these and I think they have been corected. Are you running the latest update?

Also somewhere back n the depths of my memory I seem to recall a small change to a lesser used part of the Monarch functionality that was required to work with new development tools and for MS Office compatibility. Or something like that. I can't recall what it was at the moment. It's just possibly that I am wrong but if I'm right it may be that you happen to be using that bit of functionality.

If the model works to create a table but fails to correctly populate a summary I think I would be tempted to try to recreate the summary part of the model to see what happens when you do.

Let's see where that takes you. In the meantime I will try to remember what is playing in my mind and see if I can find anything useful realting to it in the earlier forum posts.

Grant