6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Monarch 9 - Where can I find the log files

zubinraj _

We are using Monarch 9 Network Edition. Some of our processes are sometimes taking too long to complete. To troubleshoot, we are trying to find the log files, but couldn't find any.

Can you help locate the log files on either the client or the server? Where is the default location?

Thanks!

• Monarch 9 - Where can I find the log files
          Olly Bond

Hello zubinraj,

There aren't any log files with Monarch. Datapump would give you helpful logs. There is an option in v10 and v11 of Monarch to turn on a local desktop log via a registry key. I don't know whether this existed in v9.

Another option if your processes are run by a batch file or similar would be to get the batch file to write a time stamp to a text file after each step.

Best wishes,

Olly

KeyserSoze _

Alternatively, if you can automate your Monarch process with something like VBA (which is built into Microsoft Office applications), then you could use the SetLogFile command to build a Monarch log file.

elginreigner _

Hello zubinraj,

There aren't any log files with Monarch. Datapump would give you helpful logs. There is an option in v10 and v11 of Monarch to turn on a local desktop log via a registry key. I don't know whether this existed in v9.

Another option if your processes are run by a batch file or similar would be to get the batch file to write a time stamp to a text file after each step.

Best wishes,

Olly[/QUOTE]

The registry key was available in v9, I dont recall how to set it anymore. Datawatch tech support should be able to assist.

Olly Bond

The registry key was available in v9, I dont recall how to set it anymore. Datawatch tech support should be able to assist.[/QUOTE]

Hello elgin,

I have a feeling that v9 is now technically "out of support". v10 was launched in 2008, and v11 in 2011, and I have a hunch that support for the old previous version would have been phased out a few months after v11 shipped.

Best wishes,

Olly

elginreigner _

Hello elgin,

I have a feeling that v9 is now technically "out of support". v10 was launched in 2008, and v11 in 2011, and I have a hunch that support for the old previous version would have been phased out a few months after v11 shipped.

Best wishes,

Olly[/QUOTE]

I would get the same feeling, but you never know until you ask. Something as simple as a registry setting they may help with.