6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:14 AM by Guy Chowning RSS

10.5 Performance Issue on 64-bit OS

lmeyers123 _

Loading report and model via OLE interface was working well in previous Monarch 9.0 on 32-bit OS. With Monarch 10.5 on 64-bit export times have gone from 1s to 25swe have hundreds of reports/models so this become significant. Loading the model appears to be the slowdownreport files load fast. When run manually there is similar slowdown on first model load, but subsequent loads are very fast. Perhaps there is some issue with graphics driver initialization. Any suggestions--should we upgrade to 11?

• 10.5 Performance Issue on 64-bit OS
          elginreigner _

When did you upgrade to 10.5? Did you recently get a new system?

lmeyers123 _

Yes,  purchased many months ago, but recently installed 10.5 upgrade and this is new system.  (i understand current v is 11, and will plunk down the money if I can be sure that will resolve this performance issue.)

elginreigner _

Yes,  purchased many months ago, but recently installed 10.5 upgrade and this is new system.  (i understand current v is 11, and will plunk down the money if I can be sure that will resolve this performance issue.)[/QUOTE]

I currently don't use v11, not sure if it would fix your issue, I do know it is optimized for 64-bit. With that said, I currently use 10.5 on a 64bit PC and I have no issues, however, I am connecting via ODBC. Using OLE, until recently, had never worked for us. It was due to limitations on our SQL server, which as been resolved. What type of database are you connecting to, how much RAM does your new system have? I do know some users were experiencing issues with 10.5 and a 64bit PC.