7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:13 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Command-Line + Windows7 + version 10.5

KEVIN KENNEDY

I have Monarch Pro v 10.5 running under 64-bit Windows7, also have 32-bit MSOffice. Batch jobs using Command-line interface no longer work. Upgrade to v 11 required?

• Command-Line + Windows7 + version 10.5
          Grant Perkins

What, if anything, changed at the point the CLI stopped working?

Not sure if is relevant but there is some information [URL="http://commandwindows.com/windows7-commands.htm"]here[/URL] (picked at random from a web search) that suggests there may be some subtle difference in commands and the tools MS is promoting for CLI type activity. The Paragraphs above the list of commands may have relevance. Or may not.

CLI is not something I have used much in recent times so sorry, no direct information to offer.

Olly Bond

What, if anything, changed at the point the CLI stopped working?

Not sure if is relevant but there is some information [URL="http://commandwindows.com/windows7-commands.htm"]here[/URL] (picked at random from a web search) that suggests there may be some subtle difference in commands and the tools MS is promoting for CLI type activity. The Paragraphs above the list of commands may have relevance. Or may not.

CLI is not something I have used much in recent times so sorry, no direct information to offer.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I think this cropped up a few months back - if I'm not mistaken it is that the path to the Monarch executable is no longer in C:/Programs but in C:/Programs (x86) under Windows 7. If you check the path to Monarch/Program/Monarch.exe and edit your batch files accordingly, does that work?

Best wishes,

Olly

KEVIN KENNEDY

Thanks, Olly. I edited the batch file for the (x86). Monarch executes, I see it loading records for the table, but the data does not export and Monarch closes.

This is the CLI string: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /rpt:"[DRIVE]:[PATH][FILENAME]" /mod:"[PATH]\UTB660-99.xmod" /exp:"[DRIVE]:\Extracts.mdb" /expfileopt:"Add" /exptable:"tb_Extract" /exptableopt:"Append"

I tried removing the quotes from the exp parms but that had no effect. I also added "/T" after expfileopt and also at the end of the string, also no effect.

Olly Bond

Thanks, Olly. I edited the batch file for the (x86). Monarch executes, I see it loading records for the table, but the data does not export and Monarch closes.

This is the CLI string: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /rpt:"[DRIVE]:[PATH][FILENAME]" /mod:"[PATH]\UTB660-99.xmod" /exp:"[DRIVE]:\Extracts.mdb" /expfileopt:"Add" /exptable:"tb_Extract" /exptableopt:"Append"

I tried removing the quotes from the exp parms but that had no effect. I also added "/T" after expfileopt and also at the end of the string, also no effect.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

This kind of problem is what makes me grateful to have DataPump at work - you get log files to tell you what's gone wrong!

My first guess would be that the export .mdb that you're trying to append to is locked by another application, so Monarch can't get a grip on it to append the data.

Can you export from Classic.prn and Lesson10.xmod to make a new local Excel file, via a batch command like this?

Best wishes,

Olly