3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:13 AM by Joe Berry RSS

Add Current Values NOT working correctly...

Allison Mangini

I have a rather large report that I'm working with and it has hundreds of GL accounts.  I am trying to make a summary based on one GL so I create the Summary and use the Matching function to get the one GL I need rather than get the other hundred GLs that are on the report.  When I click on the little arrow to "add current values" I get nothing.  It's as if there is something that the software wants to display but can't.  We just went through an update and are on version 11.2.7.0.  It was just installed last week and ever since then I’ve been having trouble with this function.  Is anyone else having trouble with this too?  I've contacted someone at Datawatch and they are going to ask the technical dept, but thought I would post something on here too in case anyone else has a fix.

• Add Current Values NOT working correctly...
          joey

It could very well be a bug in the software with 11.2.  I have 11.1, and this works fine for me.

As a workarround, what about having a filter applied to the summary that gets your GL code. Or, for even faster performance tweak the trap of your detail template to only mine the GL code you want to summarize.

• Add Current Values NOT working correctly...
              Allison Mangini

Looks like I will go that route before creating a summary.  I was hoping to build multiple summaries that I could save into one model and use each month BUT for now I will have to go the other route.  Also, I had trouble with a PDF today and I never have had trouble with one before.  When I opened the PDF to build a model, it came up as a bunch of squares.  That won't work.  I'm not sure how I can get around that one.  Will do another forum search tomorrow to see if there's been anyone else with that issue too.  So far I'm not impressed with this latest update.